1961 Jaguar E Type Series 1 Flat FloorOctober 28, 2017
2007 Aston Martin V8 VantageOctober 31, 2017
Opalescent Silver Grey | Fixed Head Coupé | 4 Speed Manual | 4.2 litre | 80,002 miles showing | SOLD
The most recognisable classic sports car of all time and the best of the breed, offered here is among the finest Australian delivered 1965 Series 1 Jaguar E Type 4.2 litre FHC’s in the country.
Built December of 1965 and delivered new by Brysons Jaguar, Sydney in June of 1966 this multiple concourse winning car was professionally restored over 5 years from 2008 to 2012 and corresponding to the Heritage certificate features its original colors of Opalescent Silver Grey over Red trim, numbers matching engine and transmission.
• Winner of Jaguar National Rally Concours D’Elegance an unprecedented 3 successive years
• Gold Medalist in Jaguar Driver’s Club of Australia annual Concours D’Elegance from 2012-2016
• Once owned by former Australian Prime Minister, Paul Keating
• Accompanied by:
- Original hand-written Bryson’s Bill of Sale
- Periodic Maintenance booklet and Owner’s Manual bound within vinyl Jaguar wallet
- Complete set of original tools and Jack
- Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate
- Rare copy of Bryson’s microfiche stock record detailing build information
- Original Bryson’s key ring
- Large and detailed history file with receipts for entire restoration
Offered in turn-key condition, this leading edge Series 1 Jaguar E-Type Coupe is a credit to its last custodian and an absolute asset to the next.
Behind the wheel, from every conceivable detail the cockpit’s switch gear, carpets, double stitched Connelly leather bucket seats and flawless gauges aren’t just correct, they’ve been masterfully refurbished and fitted.
To drive, this car is excitingly quick with a near instant throttle response, steering is well balanced and fast, the weight and feel of the pedals is as though they’ve been cut from one piece, gear changes have that signature click-click feel and the overall atmosphere is totally engaging, never ever boring.
The combination of its handsome original colours, masterful restoration, original accompaniments, winning history and unrivalled provenance make this already rare and desirable classic something extra special.