1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

1978 Ferrari 512 BB
October 10, 2017
1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona
October 20, 2017

Coral Red Metallic | Coupé | 5 Speed Manual | 3.4 litre | 162,386 kms | AU$144,995

WPCS 2.1.0

Penned by Benjamin Dimson, the Porsche 911 type 964 was introduced in 1989, thrusting the Stuttgart based automaker into an exciting new era of advanced automotive design and tech, producing arguably the most engaging analogue 911 driving experience.

Over the outgoing 3.2 Carrera, the ultra-modern 964 offered new coil springs and shock absorbers substantially improving the handling and the way the car put power down to the ground, aerodynamics were enhanced too using knowledge gained from the Le Mans winning 959 and 962 reducing the cars drag coefficient to just 0.32, and with virtually zero lift stability and road holding at high speeds was vastly improved.

An electronically retractable spoiler was also added aiding in engine cooling, power assisted steering was added for the first time in a 911 and the capacity of the famous and soon to be replaced air-cooled flat six increased from 3.2 to 3.6 litres becoming the most powerful normally aspirated 911 production engine ever with 250hp.

And, inspired by the limited-production 959 supercar, the Type 964 Carrera 4 was the first production car, queue Clarkson voice over, in the world to offer an intelligent permanent all-wheel-drive system that when driven under the most extreme conditions could bias 69% of all available power to the rear whilst the remaining 31% would shift to the front.
Australian delivered through Porsche, Perth in February of 1993 and 1 of just 15 cars to arrive on our shores for that year this 911 Type 964 Carrera 4 formed part of Porsche’s “New Generation” 911 line-up that offered an all new alarm system and the customer a new selection of what Porsche called “Shocking” colours.

Ordered in the brilliant and refreshing colour combination of Coral Red Metallic over Classic Grey leather trim this meticulously maintained 964 Carrera 4 was optioned with manual transmission, rear wiper, electronic driver’s seat adjustment, cruise control, air conditioning and sunroof.

Driving this 964 Carrera 4 is nothing short of an event and on road all tell-tale signs show that it’s had the right tools used with the right Porsche technicians from day dot.

Gear changes have a rifle like accuracy, the rack and pinion steering feel is tight, the handling is quick to react and touch points like the perfectly balanced pedals feel as though their cut from one piece.

From the sound and feel of the solid door opening and closing, to sitting inside one of Porsche’s best interiors that transports you right back into 1993, everything feels fresh.

The dash shows no signs of its 24 years, the original VDO dials are totally clear, the leather steering wheel’s cross stitching is perfectly tight, even the door cards are in mint condition.

Accompanying the car are all of the original leather bound books showing a comprehensive Porsche and specialist service history, the last service completed in January of this year. There is also an extensive receipt file, both keys, the original tool kit and spare space-saver wheel and compressor with the car.

A time machine in every sense of the phrase, this original, rare and Australian delivered 964 Carrera 4 is unrivalled on the road.

A true driver’s car filled with the most engaging and exciting automotive tech of its day, as modern sports cars become more and more anaesthetized to the driving experience this 911 offers the perfect escape, fit for threading through winding weekend roads that get the blood pumping.

    Interested in this car?
    Contact our sales team on +61 (0)2 9922 2036 or via the form below:

    Please prove you are human by selecting the Car.

    Click to access the login or register cheese

    Join our
    Mailing List

    Subscribe to our PITLANE mailing list and be the first to know about new arrivals and special events at Classic Throttle Shop.
    Send this to a friend