1978 Mercedes-Benz 450 SLCNovember 8, 2020
2014 Porsche Panamera GTSNovember 10, 2020
Grasmere Green Metallic | 4x4 | 6 Speed Manual | 2.2 litre Diesel | 13,850 kms | SOLD
After 68 years of carrying people to the ends of the earth and back again, in January of 2016 the boundless Land Rover Defender exited the building, and it will never be the same again.
To celebrate this hardcore off-road machine/urban guerilla’s legacy, Land Rover released two special edition models in Australia, the ‘Adventure’ and the ‘Heritage’ paying homage to the Defenders much loved roots and generating a huge amount of hype and buying frenzy in the process.
Arguably the most collectable of the two, the Heritage Edition Defender was designed in the spirit of the original 1948 HUE166 Land Rover wearing Grasmere Green paintwork inspired by the original Post WWII surplus paints available at the time.
Limited to just 70 cars in both 90 inch and 110 inch wheel base guise for the Australian market, all Heritage Editions well and truly sold out within days of their release.
Bespoke features include:
• Grasmere Green Heritage metallic paintwork with Alaskan White contrast roof
• Heritage front grille with vintage aluminium badge details to both the front and rear
• Body coloured heavy duty steel wheels
• Indus Silver door and Tailgate hinges
• Front and rear mud flaps with Heritage logo
• Bright Aluminium finish to air vent bezels, clock surrounds and door handles wrapped in Almond cloth
• Perforated leather steering wheel
• With nods to the original Land Rover including iconic 4x4 off-road instruction plaque and HUE166 seat tags added to the Almond cloth seats and rubber Heritage mats
In superb condition, this rare Defender Heritage SWB has travelled just 13,850 kilometres.
Accompanying the car are all original manuals including the owners handbook, service and warranty booklets as well as the “Heritage Edition” certificate, two Land Rover keys and remote access Fob’s all bound within their leather wallet.
Built on the same production line the first ever Land Rovers rolled down, in Solihull, England, the Heritage Edition is the perfect way to farewell and remember an icon.
A menace in the mud and just as at home in the city, a teary eyed international motoring stated that this is probably the best Defender ever built with well controlled body roll, engaging steering and mountains of torque.
With production ceased for this global icon, these very last of, special edition Land Rovers present a seriously exciting investment opportunity and this Heritage edition is at the forefront of the pack.