2014 Audi R8 LMX MY15January 22, 2020
1973 Lotus Elan +2S 130/5February 21, 2020
Kawasaki Green | Sports-Roadster | 6 Speed Manual | 3.5 litre Supercharged | 765 kms | AU$219,995
Designed by the founder of the Lotus Cars, Colin Chapman, the Lotus Eleven dubbed “Le Mans” was built from 1956 until 1958. Weighing in at 450 kilograms, built around tubular space frame, aluminium body and powered by the Coventry Climax 1100cc, the Eleven driven by Stirling Moss in 1956 achieved a world record of 230 km/h at Monza followed by several class victories at Le Mans and Sebring making the Lotus Eleven became Lotus’ most successful race car design.
Fast forward 60 years, released at the 2015 Goodwood Festival of Speed, the Lotus 3 Eleven follows in the original car’s footsteps in just about every respect.
Still with its sports barchetta-style design, this track-only Lotus features a comprehensive aerodynamic kit that includes a large front splitter, rear wing and a race-spec diffuser.
Built on the Exige’s bonded aluminium platform and limited to just 311 units built worldwide, the Lotus weighs just 925 kilograms and uses a 3.5L Toyota V6 coupled with an Edelbrock Roots-type supercharger to produce a gut-wrenching 410bhp.
A claimed lap time of 7:09 minutes around the Nurburgring or as most would call it… the “Green Hell” makes the 3-Eleven the fifth quickest production car ever to go around.
The car offered is a 2017 build Lotus 3-Eleven specially imported into Australia through Lotus Cars Australia in Kawasaki Green and has travelled just 765 kilometres from new.
Optional equipment includes:
• Factory +50 BHP Upgrade (Total output: 460 bhp)
• Driver Sport Seat with 4-Point Harness
• Passenger Standard Seat with 4-Point Harness
• Special Order Paint (Kawasaki Green – Solid)
• 6 Speed Manual Gearbox with Sports Ratios
Standard Equipment Includes:
• Red AP Racing Four-Piston Calipers
• Servo Assisted 2-piece Grooved Ventilated Brake Discs
• Gloss black, forged wheels [18" front and 19" rear]
• Adjustable Traction Control
• Full Colour TFT display with Driver Selection Modes for Road/Track
• Carbon Body Panels
• Fully Independent Double Wishbone Suspension with Front and Rear Anti-Roll Bar
• Öhlins Adjustable Dampers
One of the fastest producton cars known to Lotus Cars, this would suit the avid racer. Currently on Road Rally registration whether your looking to do the odd track day, compete in a state Targa event, the Lotus 3-Eleven won’t disappoint.
“Light, powerful, aerodynamically enhanced and shorn of all fripperies it is one of the most exciting and intoxicating machines out there.” – EVO Magazine 2018